Why come to a course?
It isn’t about ‘doing the right things’ it’s about giving you help and support to make small changes. This can help you:
- Keep a healthy weight
- Choose a way to eat that suits you
- Have more energy
- Improve your fitness and wellbeing
- Lower your blood glucose, pressure and cholesterol
- Reduce the risks of complications from diabetes
The X-PERT education programme has delivered over 10,000 courses nationally since 2005 and has retained a participant satisfaction score of over 90%.
The programme is annually audited with organisations being recognised for excellence in the following areas:
- The best participant experience
- The greatest improvement in glycated haemoglobin
- The largest impact on body weight and waist circumference
- The greatest improvement in cardiovascular disease risk factors (lipids and BP)
“At my last review my glucose levels had decreased so dramatically I was taken off the medication. Even the nurse was amazed at my results. So a very big thank you”
— Liz Ashley.
“On the X-PERT course we won’t tell you what to do. We’ll give you the facts so you can decide what you want to do”
— Dr Trudi Deakin. chief executive X-PERT health
“After attending the X-PERT course with my wife, then working with a Wiltshire council health trainer, I’ve lost 5 stone 6lb! My blood tests are in the normal range”
— Barry, Warminster.
If you live in Wiltshire you can book your place on an X-PERT course by either emailing or calling – 0300 79 00 567
If you live in the Bath & North East Somerset area you can book your place on an X-PERT course by either emailing booking online https://www.wellbeingcollegebanes.co.uk/Calendar or calling – 0300 247 02 03
Courses are held in all the major market towns in Wiltshire, and for Bath & NE Somerset, courses are held in Bath city and the surrounding area – there’s bound to be one near you. Our friendly booking team will explain your options when you book.
Courses starting in the next 8 weeks
- Warminster Civic Centre, Thursday 2nd January, 9.30am - 12.00 noon
- Trowbridge Rugby Club, Tuesday 7th January, 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Chippenham History Centre, Wednesday 8th January, 1.30pm - 4pm
- Salisbury, St Pauls Church Centre, Fisherton Street, Thursday 9th January, 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Devizes Bowls Club, Tuesday 18th February, 9.30am - 12.00 noon
- Malmesbury Town Hall, Wednesday 19th February, 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Melksham, Forest Community Centre, Thursday 20th February, 9.30am - 12.00 noon
- Salisbury, St Pauls Church Centre Fisherton Street, Thursday 20th February, 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Chippenham History Centre, Thursday 20th February, 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Trowbridge Rugby Club, Friday 21st February, 1.30pm - 4.00pm
The course is made up of 6 × 2.5 hour sessions, usually a morning, afternoon or early evening. If you’re based in Wiltshire you can also try First Steps, an introductory session which lasts 2.5 hours.
You may be entitled to time off to attend a course under the Equality Act, Diabetes UK has more information here.
Diabetes education is an important part of living with diabetes and is funded by the NHS.